Cairns Pest Control Services: Cockroaches, Ants, Spiders, Silverfish, Fleas, Rodents
Fact Sheet For General Pest Control Sprays
1. You don’t have to do any preparation before you get a general spray done on your home. Therefore there is no need to empty any cupboards before the pest controller arrives (only if there is a bad infestation of German Cockroaches).
2. The chemicals used for a general pest control spray are totally safe for your family and pets. However we do recommend that any pet food and water bowls are removed prior to treatment and cleaned after treatment. The chemicals however used may harm reptiles and fish. We recommend that reptiles be removed and that fish tanks are covered and the aerator pumps turned off during treatment and ½ an hour after treatment.
3. If you are moving into a new home and would like to have it sprayed it is best to have it done before you move in to ensure complete coverage of the sprayed areas, i.e. no furniture to spray around and all cleaning done.
4. For best results any painting or cleaning including carpet cleaning should be done prior to the pest control being carried out. Do not clean down spider webs, this should be done 7 – 10 days after the treatment. Cleaning windows should also be left until after the job is done.
5. A general pest control treatment covers spiders, cockroaches and ants. It does not include termites, borers, rodents or fleas. These pests require a separate treatment and a fee is charged accordingly.
7. The general spray is a residual treatment. The initial spray will kill any pests that are present. Pests that come in contact with the residue will not always die instantly. They become sick and eventually die.
8. If pests have only just come in contact with the residue they can appear quite normal. If they are in areas where they would not usually be seen, such as in the middle of the floor or wall during the day, the best thing to do is to monitor their condition. If new pests are continually being seen, then a callback may be necessary.
9. A general pest control treatment should be carried out annually (or 6 monthly for problem areas) from the date of initial treatment to maintain a pest free home for you and your family.