General Pest Control from Eco Pest Management Covers Cockroaches, Ants, Spiders, Silverfish, Fleas & Rodents (just to name a few)
Fact Sheet For General Pest Control Sprays
1. You don’t have to do any preparation before you get a general spray done on your home. Therefore there is no need to empty any cupboards before the pest controller arrives (only if there is a bad infestation of German Cockroaches).
2. The chemicals used for a general pest control spray are of a low toxicity for the safety of your family and pets. However we do recommend that any pet food and water bowls are removed prior to treatment and cleaned after treatment. The chemicals however used may harm reptiles and fish. We recommend that reptiles be removed and that fish tanks are covered and the aerator pumps turned off during treatment and ½ an hour after treatment.
3. If you are moving into a new home and would like to have it sprayed it is best to have it done before you move in to ensure complete coverage of the sprayed areas, i.e. no furniture to spray around and all cleaning done.
4. For best results any painting or cleaning including carpet cleaning should be done prior to the pest control being carried out. Do not clean down spider webs, this should be done 7 – 10 days after the treatment. Cleaning windows should also be left until after the job is done.
5. A general pest control treatment covers spiders, cockroaches and ants. It does not include termites, borers, rodents or fleas. These pests require a separate treatment and a fee is charged accordingly.
7. The general spray is a residual treatment. The initial spray will kill any pests that are present. Pests that come in contact with the residue will not always die instantly. They become sick and eventually die.
8. If pests have only just come in contact with the residue they can appear quite normal. If they are in areas where they would not usually be seen, such as in the middle of the floor or wall during the day, the best thing to do is to monitor their condition. If new pests are continually being seen, then a callback may be necessary.
9. A general pest control treatment should be carried out annually (or 6 monthly for problem areas) from the date of initial treatment to maintain a pest free home for you and your family.
Australian ants are a large and diverse group of insects that are an important part of our natural environment.
Ants cause problems primarily when they forage in buildings for food or water and when they construct nests in buildings and gardens.
When searching for food, they can be attracted to a wide range of products with different species preferring sweets, meats, fats or oils. They will also search indoors for water during dry periods.
Ant nesting activity outdoors can result in excavated soil being deposited in gardens and on brickwork. In most cases this causes little property damage but some species can form large numbers of chambers close to the surface. These chambers can cause soil to become soft and uneven, causing serious problems. Some species of ants pose health threats to people who are sensitive to their stings.
CONTACT US TODAY
Protected by MDB and reCAPTCHA
QBCC LICENCE NO.